I did end up getting jivelite to install and that is how I had the PI4
section configured when I tested the 64-bit kernel with the 7"
touchscreen. It got to the 2nd menu (language selection I think) and the
display became unresponsive. To clarify, the issue was it no longer
became responsive to touch.   Did you happen to try with a touchscreen?