mr-b wrote:
> My system comprises a PCP and LMS running on a RPi with my library files
> stored on a Windows share.
>
> PCP was playing fine and then later a certain track wouldn't play. I saw
> that my PCP couldn't connect to the LMS (also running on the RPi) and so
> I rebooted it. I noted it flagged it couldn't mount the music library on
> my Windows server so I checked and it was offline for some reason. I
> restarted the server and it came back fine.
>
> But then I noticed in the PCP LMS web ui that the network mount point
> was no longer ticked under Enabled.
>
> If I try to Set Mount it says:
> Disk Mount Error. Try to Reboot
> but a reboot still can't mount the drive, even though the share is
> visible from another Windows PC.
>
> Any ideas why the share will no longer mount if nothing has changed
> (apart from a server reboot)?

If pCP cannot connect to the share after multiple retries, it will
automatically disable the share to prevent reboots taking forever.   As
to why it worked before, and not now, I would suspect a Windows security
change.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer