Marsupial wrote:
> The uid/gid are used on the debian side of the share, to set who's
> cobsideted as the owner wuthin linux, so we need the linux uid/gid and
> not the NAS ones.
>
> For the NAS the login is done with username and password

If you created a user/group on the NAS that has a different UID & GID -
the NAS is Linux. I'm wondering whether the two are confused.

As far as I recall (I use NFS in the main) it isn't necessary to declare
anything except username & password viz

    //NASIP/sharename /media/NAS cifs
username=fred,password=fredspassword,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0
--------------------

Root is the assumed user as you are running this at system start up

NFS is much easier. Everything is root unless specified otherwise and
access control is IP based.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng