castalla wrote:
> I've reliably used this in fstab for years:
>
> //192.168.0.1/sda1 /mnt/hd1/ cifs username=guest,password=
>
> I assumed this would also work for Debian Buster, but it just produces a
> mount error.
>
> Any ideas?I can't really add much, with my NAS I use NFS, and I stopped using
NAS about a month or so ago.

Thes are some notes I made when trying CIFS

[CODE
A few changes appears to have happened over time:

You need to add "vers=1.0" statement (it currently defaults to a later
version 3.0, which appears to be causing problems)

_netdev does nothing on CFIS file system, only works on NFS file system,
so it does not create the required delay for thenetwork to activate

"user=" and "pass=" should now be "username=" and "password="
respectively (Updates to kernel)

Lastly, there is now a "Wait for network" box that that can be ticked in
the Raspberry Pi Configuration Utility, that solved my mount at boot
problem.

I got this from google search "Raspberry pi.org, Buster, CIFS"

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=245518

read down the thread

Hope you both are well :)

ronnie