coyrls wrote:
> I'm getting a number of messages in the form: "[   12.526153] random:
> slimserver.pl: uninitialized urandom read (4 bytes read)", also with 32,
> 64 and 256 bytes read, at the end of my dmesg output.  Is this anything
> to worry about?  It suggests that the process slimserver.pl is trying to
> read unrandom before it is initialised.  From the information here:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Random_number_generation#/dev/urandom
> , the suggestion would be to use the getrandom() system call rather than
> reading the /dev/urandom device.

It's because running headless, the linux kernel doesn't have the many
sources for entropy, so it takes time.   If you are really bothered by
it, you can install a rng daemon, that will use the rpi processor
hardware entropy generator to fill the random pool.    Personally, I
wouldn't worry about it for a Music server.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer