Thanks.  I got it to run but with very spotty performance.  Takes along
time to start playing and cuts out for several seconds at a time.  I
would describe it as a bad case of stuttering.  I have a SB Classic on
wifi in the same location that runs without issues on wifi.   I am
pretty sure its the wifi of the pi2.  I am using a EDIMAX wifi dongle.
I set  squeezelight back to analog and verified on a wired connection
that it played ok.  is there anything I can do to fix the wifi or is
this just way it is?

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

Bill