paul- wrote:
> Yes, you should not have a problem populating the information in static
> IP setup.  Look at the current output of "ifconfig" to get your current
> values.
>
> You should select a IP address outside of the range used by your router
> DHCP server to avoid the DHCP server giving your IP address to another
> device, causing a duplicate.

Just an update in case anyone else runs into this. The RasPi4 already
had an IP bound via my router so, via the Beta Static IP, I put in
exactly the same IP data except for the DNS servers. I have done this
for numerous other devices eg Amazon Fire TV without issues. On
rebooting, neither the Squeezelite or LMS started automatically,
Squeezelite could be started manually but not LMS. After several
attempts I decided to change tack, set my router back to "normal" Open
DNS servers and put only specific video devices on to the Smart DNS
servers. My LMS music and BBC iPlayer take precedence over US movies!

Paul thanks again for your help, keep up the excellent work and have a
great Christmas.