Rnee wrote:

> Just by creating a Linux user with same name/password as the Windows
> user of my desktop, I thought of making it simple/easier.

As I said, I think it muddies the waters - e.g. people tend to assume
it's the "same user" when it is not, and both have the same properties
(e.g. password, permissions etc.) when they may not (e.g if you change
the linux user's password, the samba user's will not be updated in a
typical samba installation)

> So to be able to save playlists from the LMS interface, I have to give
> that user write access to the playlist folder, right?

Yes

> I created a group,

That's not what I suggested. Why do you need a new group?

> added users squeezeboxserver & pcp (don't remember why I created that,
> maybe because I thought I needed that since this is the user on
> squeezelite?) & the Linux user with the same name/pw as the Win user.

What does squeezelite have to do with anything here? Does it run on the
same server?

> Changed group ownership of the '0_Playlists' folder with that group.

DId you set the SGID bit on the folder?

> Only if I change the folder permissions to 777 I can save a playlist to
> that folder.

Which user/group/permissions do files created in it by either LMS or
Samba have?

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | Playlist
Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce |
EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...