I've made a bit of progress.  I've resized the splash screen:

[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/Jivelite/240x240/splash_640.jpg]

I reverted to the version of the skin that originated from the portrait
version, and introduced the code to centre the popups:

[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/Jivelite/240x240/popupmsg.jpg]

[image:
http://www.cjh.me.uk/MyPhotobucket/cache/DIYHifi/Jivelite/240x240/popupplay.jpg]

I've also resized all the graphics in the 'images' folder, so the
screensavers should work.  But I haven't been able to test them because
I can't seem to get any of the screensavers to display.  I suspect this
might be something to do with Jivelite not recognising Squeezelite as
the local player (MAC addresses?), but I'll have to delve into the log
files to see what's going on.  Once I'm happy that those resized
graphics work I'll post a version of the skin here.

I do have another question about running a bespoke version of
jivelite.sh.

    export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1

Since I need to include the above envar, I've had to make my own script
file, which is now exactly the same as the standard
/opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh apart from that extra export.  Can I put
my bespoke script file somewhere such that pCP finds it when the
Jivelite section of pCP Tweaks attempts to start Jivelite?  Should it go
somewhere in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath ?  Currently I call my script
as a User Command in the Tweaks section, but it would be nice if it was
fully integrated into the Jivelite section.