Thanks, it now boots after commenting the tvservice line out.

I have tried running the vcgencmd and it works for most of the
commands.

However, if I try to use any display_power commands which take more than
one argument I get the following error:

  error=2 error_msg="Invalid arguments"

--------------------

For example to check if HDMI 0 is active the following command is used:

  vcgencmd display_power -1 2

And to deactivate it:

  vcgencmd display_power 0 2

Both of these commands return the error above. The command works if I
use no arguments or one argument (which only affects the current display
which I presume is the touchscreen on the RaspTouch).

I'm wondering if there is a newer version that supports more than one
parameter?