M-H wrote:
> Nice optimisation Chill,
> For use in your camper your could do with a few buttons or rotary+push
> controllers.
>
> And just thinking out loud, There are 2 SPI controllers in the Pi, Would
> the driver be able to drive 2 screens in parallel ?
> And if technically possible, what use could made in jivelite ?  Myself I
> am quite fond of the kolossos VU meters, One on each :-) ?
>
> Regarding the script, and the risk of hanging forever;
> You could start with PIGI=20
> and deduct 1 each time you wait for an other iteration.
> When it reaches 0 it will end, but perhaps with the wrong message.
> So at PIGI=1 message 'waiting did not work out' deduct one more and
> exit.
>
> Regards M-H

Yeah, for my camper I have a few options in mind.  Adding a Pirate Audio
3W amp board to the 3A+ server is now one possibility, because it would
save me taking a line out all the way to dashboard radio.  But since I'm
refitting the interior I may find a space for a bigger permanent screen
with buttons and rotary controllers.

Two screens?  I'm not sure.  Interesting idea, but I don't really know
what I'm doing with all this SPI stuff.  I have managed to change to
CS=1 (by using  BCM7 for CS), but this makes me think that the pinout
diagram for the Pirate Audio boards ('here'
(https://pinout.xyz/pinout/pirate_audio_line_out)) may not be correct,
since it has BCM8 for CS, and I understand that BCM8 is the chip select
for SPI0.0, yet the fbtft_device command that works with the Pirate
Audio board uses cs=1.  But I'm a bit out of my depth here.

Good idea with the countdown timer in the sbpd script, thanks.