paul- wrote:
> I meant to say work well.  It does not deal well with interface changes.
> I suspect vpn is creating an interface.....when you go back to a
> non-vpn interface, don't be surprised if you have a problem.

I often run Pcp over a VPN

OpenVPN does create a an interface (tun x) and this does cause Jivelite
some problems

I believe Jivelite searches for the LMS server and cannot find it over a
VPN there is a reasonably easy fix for this.
Connect the player to a local network and choose the player in Jivelite
"Choose Player" also set the server in squeezelite to the server IP.
When you move to the VPN connection when the VPN comes up Jivelite will
connect OK

I have posted a script here
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106895-Running-picoreplayer-over-a-VPN&p=875306&viewfull=1#post875306
This will check if the Pcp is on the local network and prevent a VPN
being connected and if not connect the VPN

  # Choose a host on the remote network

  testhost=192.168.5.2

--------------------

The testhost should be a host that is pingable only if on the local
network OR the VPN is connected

Hope this helps

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS