tjp888 wrote:
> I've gone through the same steps. This does work pretty well.
> However, depending on your system you may notice a degradation with
> sound quality when the pCP converts to PCM.
>
> I say this because I've been using this method with both a Touch and a
> pCP with a HiBerry Digi+ hat. I used the optical port from both devices
> to my Denon AVR X3400h. The Denon showed a PCM signal at 88.2kHz.
> After using this method for almost 2 years I just recently discovered
> that the Denon's built in Heos app can play DSD files natively. It can
> access my LMS directly. When I use the Heos method there is a noticeable
> improvement with the sound quality (fuller soundstage, clearer details).
> My speakers are just KEF LS50 with a KEF subwoofer. Nothing fancy. I was
> quite surprised at the improvement. I mistakenly assumed PCM would be
> indistinguishable from DSD on such a modest system.
>
> So bottom line, it's worth the effort if you can get native DSD to
> play.
>

> Signal from Touch or pCP w/HifiBerry
> https://i.imgur.com/lJ3tCYC.jpg
>

> Signal when access DSD file directly from AVR
> https://i.imgur.com/eFBYP80.jpg

I am thinking of upgrading AVR to Denon HEOS device --- how do u achieve
the connection of Denon HEOS to LMS ?? Is it through DLNA ?

THX,

Bill Clark, Windham, VT

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578727069 @ Sat Jan 11 08:44:06
CET 2020
Hostname: ubuntu-lms  - ProxMox Virtual Environment 5.4-3
piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v5.0.0 | linux 4.19.40-pcpCore_v7 | piCore
v10.1pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.2-1158-pCP