Just thinking out loud here.   So I think the best way to handle startup
of the screen is through managing a screen extension.

The screen extension, would have the kernel module as a dependency, then
the automated start script would load the screen commands.  Since this
would happen before pcp actually starts (It actually runs before mydata
is even extracted), we would need to control it through a boot code.  In
this case, the option we have right now is regular, or rotated.

fbcon=map:10 fbcon=font:VGA8x16 pcpscreen=pirateaudio

or

fbcon=map:10 fbcon=font:VGA8x16 pcpscreen=pirateaudio90

of course the initial parts of that is only needed if someone wants to
see the console.   Other parts of the screen extension would the after
boot script, to handle things like buttons.

I would probably move jivelite to its own web page, as the tweaks are
really starting to get long.  Again, just thinking out loud..... this
wouldn't happen until after pcp-6 goes to final release, and I can start
on 6.1

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer