Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied. I have implemented
piCorePlayer in my house and it's brilliant.

Here are the first two installations. I just got them installed this
weekend as I had to wait for parts. I'll touch up the drywall and paint
at a later date. You know something is good when the wife tells you she
really likes it.

29661

29662

29663

I am really impressed with piCorePlayer. These are powered by POE. CAT5
ethernet was already present as I'm replacing an ELAN whole house
system. All the wiring is located in my office where I have Raspberry Pi
B+'s with HiFiBerry Dac's for the two zones. I'm using a Dayton
multi-zone amp and wall volume controls that are impedance matched.
Eventually I plan to have 8 Zones. There is no cover or case for the
pi's in-wall installation and they are held in place by magnets.

The installation was inspired by Christian Bleser:
https://christian-bleser.de/raspberry-pi-touch-display-wandeinbau/

Right now for the pi streamers I plan to use chassis with a DIN rail as
I can't think of another solution that'll be simple enough. I don't want
a bunch of individual cases and wall-warts.

Most of the piCorePlayer interface is self explanatory and some is still
a bit confusing. Not totally sure where to get information, but I'm
figuring it out as I go along. I do plan to use a RPi 4 4GB to run LMS
via piCorePlayer. My only niggle is that I find creating playlists to be
cumbersome and I don't have iTunes since I run Linux as my daily
machine.

Thanks gain everyone for your help, this is a fantastic solution.

|Filename: signal-attachment-2020-03-07-164416-edit.jpeg            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29663|