firstly use *gomonitor* to run the monitor

the exec will ignore anything it doesn't understand but there's
potential for unexpected behavior if spurious options are specified -
example the ALSA details on your command line.  I believe I mentioned
earlier that ALSA is not part of the solution, nor is the type of DAC.
All data are either obtained from squeezelite or LMS, and no other
sources.

>From the output you have I'm a tad confused on why your player is
showing up a localhost?

thanks for the mpd monitor source, some good ideas there which I've
"borrowed" :p

there's a new release coming in the next 24 hours, apologies for the
delay - sickness in the family has had my mind elsewhere

new features that have been added:

allows you to specify the type of display - only 128x64 flavors but both
IIC and SPI can now be used
the solution no longer needs the Adafruit library so less clutter on
your device
if you didn't request clock, option c, then a completely clear display
would be shown if no audio is playing, potential for confusion
if c is not specified a simple screen saver is displayed; once you play
a track the screen saver is deactivated and will not re-display - its
just a startup feature
multiple meter modes can be specified as well as random modes

a lot of the core code was modified so I'm still reviewing with multiple
devices inclusive PI2, PI3, and PI4

hold tight, hopefully it's worth the wait

As of 03/30/2020

*Total Tracks: 144,946
Total Albums: 13,182
Total Artists: 18,207