Man in a van wrote:
> I think maybe you were unfortunate with the guide you found
>
> I started, first with the Local Player Plugin in LMS, then migrated to
> Gerrelts garage (Gerrelt is also a member here)
>
> http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wordpress/
>
> which is still the basis for how I do my installs.
>
> If you select Analogue from the Speaker icon on the Raspbian Desktop
> (right click) and use the Add/Remove Software route or the sudo apt
> install route then it just loads at boot.
>
> I use Gerrelt's method because I can set the Autostart and Autoplay
> function (which is also available within piCorePlayer) but is a step to
> far for me, as it might need a script alteration I'm not capable off.
>
> Plus I noticed that you have Jack and PulseAudio installed and I never
> bother with, or have experience of those.
>
> *bpa* is a wiley fox :p don't you think ? and all the other devs :):)
>
> ronnie
>
> check your pm

Well everything is now running albeit without auto start for
squeezelite. I also note that, unlike in Windows where I eventually gave
up with Squeezelite, everything is sync'd properly! I'll check through
the links and everything on Monday and I'm sure I'll get the auto start
to run.

Huge thanks to everyone - yes - v smart and helpful, I have seen bpa a
couple of times and always seems to sort the problem out!

SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI
subwoofer
3 x SB3s + SB Radio
Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 99 -> B&W surround