ralphy wrote:
> Great work! it is often a challenge to get the keycodes right.
>
> You don't active LIRC support in the webgui, nor use lircd.conf or
> lircrc files with inputlircd as it replaces lircd and you have to launch
> it from the user commands.
>
> Please review my 'initial post'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111787-ANNOUNCE-piCorePlayer-6-0-0&p=973186&viewfull=1#post973186)
> regarding inputlircd.  The manpage link is also helpful.
>
> I did not create an inputlircd mapping file for the mini usb keyboard,
> just found which keys generated the 'keycodes that squeezelite supports'
> (https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/blob/master/ir.c#L103).
> You will also need to update squeezelite to v1.9.7-1237-pCP from the pcp
> web interface to support all the keycodes.
>
> You also have add the -i option to the Various Options field and if you
> change the Log level setting to ir=debug on the squeezelite page and
> save then you can see the IR codes in /var/log/pcp_squeezelite.log

Thanks Ralphy, I have it working now. It works sort of OK, except that
if it is the only USB device plugged in to the Pi when it boots, the Pi
won't find it, so Inputlircd won't load. When the Arduino boots the
bootloader waits for 5s to allow you to load a new program and this
delay seems to be the problem. There is an updated 'micronucleus'
bootloader that skips the 5s delay but I haven't yet figured out how to
install that. I was starting inputlircd in the user commands and the
keypresses wouldn't appear until I restarted squeezelite. If I make any
more progress I will report back.

Regards, Steve