RPI 3B+ running  piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www v0005 | linux
4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP 7"
touch screen and HiFi Berry DAC+

I bought one of these remotes and just for grins tried it on the above
player. Without doing anything several of the buttons worked. Play and
forward, vol up and down, power, home, return.

I then tried it on a RPI3B with the same software, but a Boss DAC and no
screen. The remote did nothing.

I admit I know nothing about how any of this works, but it seems odd
that one works half way and the other does nothing.

The long and short of it is I'm trying to get some sort of basic remote
to work on the RPI3B for in my car and don't know where to even start.
If anyone has gotten one of these remotes to work I would greatly
appreciate some info.

If anyone can point me in a direction to get me started, I would also
appreciate that. Currently I'm using my phone to control the player, but
the phone constantly drops connection with the pi and in order to use
the access point in the pi I have to turn off the 3G on the phone.

Thanks,

Howard