mrw wrote:
> Someone else reported problems with Trackstat after upgrading to 7.9.2.
> Perhaps they have solved it.
>
> -Perl 5.28, general dpkg update woes, and a new problem with
> Trackstat?-
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110560-Perl-5-28-general-dpkg-update-woes-and-a-new-problem-with-Trackstat&highlight=trackstat+7.9.2

Thank you mrw.
Yes it looks very much like my problem.
I can't find any solution mentioned anywhere by the original poster,
drmatt.
But I found some more mentions of sluggish Trackstat after upgrades.
And I also found this post:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111559-LMS-Not-Running-on-Windows-10-PC/page3

I don't think Erland maintains his plugins anymore?

But after more than a week with a useless system, I have downgraded to
7.9.1 again.
I'm now in the process of restoring my Trackstat data.
And then I suspect I'll be back with a working system again.

This whole mess has been a disheartening experience.
As I see it, going beyond 7.9.1 breaks Trackstat.
Or Trackstat wasn't playing nice with LMS to begin with.
I don't know which is the unruly kid and I don't really care. :-)
I almost always play my music using Dynamic Playlists based on Trackstat
data.
And if I can't use Trackstat if I upgrade, then I won't be upgrading.
But that leaves me on an aging system and I don't want that either. :-)

A working system (7.9.1) allows me to play my music, which is what it's
all about after all. :-)
And it will give me more time to think about where I'll go as my LMS
steadily ages.

BTW, can I move this thread to 3-party plugins somehow? It's not really
a Linux issue.