CJS wrote:
> For information: the PlayWMA plugin also has issues. After installing
> this plugin on LMS 7.9.3 running on Lubuntu 18.04, I cannot play any WMA
> file on a SqueezePlay software player that runs on my Windows desktop.
> PlayWMA makes use of mplayer. On the Lubuntu server, mplayer does play
> my WMA, WMA Lossles and WMA Pro test files when starting mplayer from
> the commandline. But transcoding using PlayWMA plugin on LMS does not
> work.
>
> Further reading:
> PlayWMA not working on Fedora Linux:
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110392-Logitech-Media-Server-local-player-crashing-after-24-36-hours-of-playing
> SB wiki page about transcoding WMA on Linux:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WMA
>
> I may want to spent some time in the future on getting WMA transcoding
> to work on LMS Linux, either with ffmpeg or mplayer. But for the moment
> I let these WMA troubles rest.

I should update the PlayWMA to use ffmpeg as it is much better now than
mplayer however then the avconv vs ffmpeg confused some users.

The need for PlayWMA reduced when squeezelite could play WMA natively.

Also with some builds on some Linux distros (not consistent)  - ffmpeg
or mplayer would leave a zombie.

If you really need WMa via ffmpeg then I can do the trasncoding conf
file.

However IIRC there were some WMA codecs not supported by ffmpeg unless
you had the Windows DLLs installed (i.e. works only some x86 systems)

I'd advise checking whether ffplay can play the WMa files before
starting any transcode work.