O.K. you guys know me. Always trying to do something above my abilities.
So I installed a pi3B with a 7" screen in my car. It's a lease so I'm
not hard wiring the power to it, but pulling it off the lighter with an
adapter. My problem is, when it boots, there is an under-voltage issue.
Once it's booted it fine because I turned down the screen brightness a
bit, which solves the issue.

Is there a way to dim the screen sooner in the boot process or anything
else that would lower the amount of current the pi/screen combo is using
at that point?

BTW, the pi does not run LMS or anything like that. LMS is installed on
another pi completely separate.

Thanks,

Howard