5 is an invalid driver, it should just abend like that but tell you the
available options

which it did on my build environment

    pi@zebra001:~/LMSMonitor $ sudo bin/lmsmonitor --name "caracara" --verbose
-c -rbkd -o5
  Supported OLED types:
  1 ...: Adafruit SPI 128x64
  3 ...: Adafruit I2C 128x64
  4 ...: Seeed I2C 128x64
  6* ..: SH1106 I2C 128x64
  7 ...: SH1106 SPI 128x64

  * is default
  lmsmonitor: you specified 5, it is an invalid 128x64 OLED type
--------------------

IT LOOKS LIKE ITS THE SPACE IN \"--OLED 5 \"THAT'S THE CAUSE OF ABEND
USE -O[DRIVER] OR --OLED=DRIVER.  NO SPACES FOR THIS PARAMETER

I'll track that down and fix it.

I don't think it likes the space on the "*-o 3*" either - use -o3

Your device is an I2C flavor, SPI and IIC are nothing more than ways of
talking to the device, but they are different entities

from the list you can see that the I2C is applicable for 3, 4, and 6
only

6 is the default if you don't override

gomonitor eats all of the output so stick with calling the lmsmonitor
binary directly while you troubleshoot

was your cabling Ok?

also, have you used the OLED on any other solution and had it working?

As of 2020/09/02

*Total Tracks: 152,306
Total Albums: 14,019
Total Artists: 19,816