paul- wrote:
> /usr/local/slimserver/prefs is a symlink to the actual location of the
> prefs.   The symlink gets set when LMS starts.
>
> You should not need to do anything manually.

Yes, I know, I was only using the command line to format the disk and to
check on what went wrong.. .

I initially used the buttons in the LMS prefs pane of PCP to change the
settings to the USB disk. This gave some errors and LMS stopped. . I
then tried to change it back -using the same buttons- to the original
location on the SD. LMS again refused to start, and I then discovered
all prefs files were zero bytes.. So I assume PCP had copied the empty
files back to the SD when I changed it back, so all was gone..

Lesson learned: When I got the error I shouldnt have clicked "move
files" when I changed it back.. I guess I now know the difference
between the "set location" button and the "move files" button.. :D

I still need to do this exercise again, the new USB disk is too small
for the cache files, so I hope it goes better the second time..