Absolutely bpa. No over-engineering here!

I've a latent interest in proper hi-fi but haven't owned any for many
years. I haven't the time, the space, the privacy any more - maybe one
day. I've allowed myself a little amp with digital inputs and some
bookshelf speakers and for now I'm just happy to have a slick way of
accessing my ripped CDs and radio on that. So I only really have a need
for 44.1k 16bit FLAC and decent Radio 3. I've a few hybrid SACDs that I
can't play at the moment but not many.

As for the audio out on the pi - I can now report back on that. I built
my piCorePlayer #2 using an old V1 pi. Worked a treat. It is currently
plugged into the aux on a Pure DAB radio in the kitchen and is
absolutely fine in that scenario. I am not hearing any excess of noise
or distortion - perfectly acceptable. I've 2 more spares, I'll use those
for the kids bedrooms.