ralphy wrote:
> All my squeezelite build tar/zip files should include a LIBS.txt file
> which contains links to the library sources used to build them.  If you
> find one that's missing let me know so I can fix that.
>
> I haven't included a link to the source for the actual squeezelite
> github repository in LIBS.txt, which is an oversite on my part.  I'll
> add that with the next round of builds.
>
> All the squeezelite binaries on my sourceforge site have all the codec
> and support libraries linked statically, but the executables are linked
> dynamically.
> There is one exception, the freebsd build does NOT include the codecs.
>
> I use the Makefiles for linux, mac and solaris and the Visual Studio
> project files for windows to build the binaries.  All these files are in
> the 'squeezelite github repository'
> (https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite).

As I said. That's not enough according to GPL. You're IMO not GPL
compliant. That'd make you vulnerable.

I've seen what you've done, while I was in the process using your
released packages. My intention was to keep my risk low by using your
packages
for the LocalPlayer plugin.
I was even about to write a pull request of my LocalPlayer plugin
adaptions, when I looked
up the license situation around the/your binaries. That stopped me from
doing it.
I then realized that the LocalPlayer plugin situation is even worse.

You basically can't just offer links of references.
You need to add all sources (physically) best with SHA checksums. And
you also need to add your build recipes.
And that you do for every package.

Have a look at a typical e.g. Debian source package  "apt-get source
flac". And don't miss to have a look at the .dsc file!
That .dsc files also refers to e.g. patches and the Makefiles/configure
settings on a per CPU/OS architecture basis.

Just write a script that collects all the stuff and puts it together. It
just hurts once.
You could even split the stuff into BIN and SRC packages. E.g. As Debian
does.

Just take this as advise! I havn't invented all that.
Consider it as a trigger to have a closer look at the subject.

:::'  my audioblog  - latest series: RaspBerry PI - \"The Audio Engine\"
' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com):::