TimM wrote:
> I'm using pcp 6.1 on 3 players, with up to yesterday great success.
>
> I have the FFmpeg libraries installed on all 3 players, 2 use hifiberry
> dac's, one a usb dac. Absolutely nothing changed yesterday (as far as I
> know) but for some reason it's taken to refusing to play several albums
> in their entirety. At first I thought it may be that the files have
> corrupted, or maybe it could be a permissions issue. However the same
> album was trying to play on My touch and radios, and would play
> perfectly when not sync'd to the picores.
>
> There was nothing obvious in the log - what would I have to enable to
> track down this sort of behaviour?
>
> Anyway I've 'fixed' the problem by changing file preferences to disable
> apple lossless and everything plays nicely now.
>
> Is there a picore setting I've inadvertently changed, if so danged if I
> can find it.

What version of LMS  ?
If the files have the metadata & index at the end of the file rather at
the start then they need to be transcoded as a file on LMS (which can
seek to bottom of file)  as they cannot be streamed (e.g. cannot start
playing file as index is at end of stream) .

LMS 8.0 and maybe 7.9.4 have changes to support streaming such files.