So I signed up for a tidal account......got a month free to play.   Here
in the US, tidal is using AWS Cloudfront.

I started testing with no transcoding in the LMS server.  pCP players
handle AAC natively.

When a track is played from tidal, it sends to complete track as fast as
it can.  All of the track data is sitting in the socket receive buffer
and when the track is complete from Tidal, the socket goes to a
"CLOSE_WAIT" status.  Once LMS pulls all of the data from the socket, It
sends the acknowledgement and transitions to "LAST_ACK".  I've seen
tidal take some time to respond to this ack.  But if the socket is
sitting in "CLOSE_WAIT" the problem likely resides in LMS.

Now I set my squeezelite player to only accept flac....so the LMS server
is now transcoding.......that is where things go awry.  Tidal plays the
track, and when done sending data, it goes to CLOSE_WAIT, however at the
end of the track, it never sends the close acknowledgement.....and is
sitting in CLOSE_WAIT

I had to make a custom rule such to force LMS to transcode Pandora mp3
to flac........and the problem is there too.

So.....  This problem is not specific to pCP nor tidal, this seems to
affect any http(s) stream where LMS has to transcode the stream.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer