Jake72 wrote:
> I've had the same issue and PCP 7 beta 6 fixed it for me as well. :)
I've been having the same issue. I upgraded to PCP 7 beta today, so I
assume that's the latest beta. I can select HifiBerry DAC2HD and Pro as
my soundcard. I have limited choices for the output setting:

default
plugequal
equal
hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0
plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0
sysdefault:CARD=Headphones

I tried default, and no sound. I tried plugequal and equal and
Squeezelite wouldn't start. I tried hw:CARD-Headphones,DEV=0 and got no
sound out of either the RCA jacks or the mini-stereo headphone jack. The
last two choices wouldn't let Squeezelite start.

I set the RPI4 to use its own analogue output, and I get sound. I would
like to have the HiFiBerry card working, for the better quality sound.
Right now, I have spent an entire afternoon on this without success. I
appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Note: I've got an earlier system - RPI3 with The HiFiBerry DAC Pro -
working okay in another room in the house.

Incidentally, I had three Squeezebox Duets, but one died last year and
one died earlier this month, so I thought the Raspberry Pi with PiCore
would be the way to go. I hope this problem can be resolved.