I just bought a new Topping D50s (replacing a Cambridge Audio DacMagic)
and connected this to an RPi 4 running piCorePlayer via USB. One of the
reasons to get the D50s was to get higher sample rates. The DM was only
able to get to 44.1KHz on USB.

However, so far I've been able to "only" get 48KHz on the D50s using the
"sysdefault:CARD=D50s" Output Setting in pCP. Most other settings result
in 44.1KHz b.t.w. That 48KHz sample rate may be the maximum possible,
but it's a tad disappointing to say the least. Especially since I read
values of 192KHz and above in the USB DAC Google Sheet for DAC's that
seem less capable than the D50s.

So, the question is, am I missing something? Do I need to change other
settings? Is someone having experience with the D50s (or D50) and
willing to share their settings?

I'm not an expert on this, so some pointers to get me in the right
direction – or confirm that 48KHz is really the maximum that can be
achieved with this setup – would be much appreciated.