romanempire wrote:
> While the volume control works on the Pi its plugged into, pressing the
> knob has the effect of pausing everywhere. I just want that control to
> work on the player its attached to. So I changed  KEY_MUTE to 1 pcp
> power. That seemed to have the desired effect.
>
> Actually, rereading post #2 from 'paul-' implies that the commands go to
> LMS which would explain why mute affects the whole system. Whereas I
> only want the control to work on the device its plugged into :-)

Actually the- pcp play/stop -etc commands do go to the player. But if
your players are synched, play and stop will affect all active
synchronized players.

'I also use -pcp power -'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113605-USB-volume-control-in-PiCorePlayer&p=1003850&viewfull=1#post1003850)because
I also keep all players synched. The only downside is the brief pause on
all players when you resume power to on (they need to resync).

If you go to the player setting in LMS (top right menu if you use
Material) you can choose how linked players behave. I never used it, but
it's also possible to sync volume between players.