paul- wrote:
> Bad card or you are significantly under powering the pi.
>
> Where are you getting your cards?

Thanks for the reply - I just have the card that HiFiBerry shipped me as
part of the AMP2 bundle. The Pi is powered through the Amp2 instead of
the USB-C port with this kit, but it has a BIG 20V power supply that is
designed for that purpose. It's hooked up according to their
instructions (big brick into the sound card, card connected to the Pi,
nothing in USB-C)

Here's another clue: I left it powered off overnight and started it back
up this morning, and it booted & is working. I wonder if perhaps the
power was not fully draining from the card when I rebooted it - I was
pulling the power and waiting about 8-10 seconds before plugging it back
in. That or the card is just dicey rather than really broken. Or perhaps
some heat issue?