I have sorted out my problems with my LMS migration.  In the end I
deleted the Cache directory contents but kept the preferences directory,
rescanned my library and reinstalled my plugins.

I am still having a problem with the “Play Windows Media” plugin.  This
worked under Pcp 6.1 32 bit with the same version of LMS.  I get no
output with the Pcp 7.0 64 bit version.
To try to pin down the cause, I ran a version of the ffmpeg command from
the custom-convert.conf installed by the plugin at the command line:

    $ ffmpeg -v 9 -i f.wma -f flac - >/dev/null
--------------------

Where f.wma is a wma file and got the following error:

    Automatic encoder selection failed for output stream #0:0. Default encoder
for format flac (codec png) is probably disabled. Please choose an encoder
manually.
  Error selecting an encoder for stream 0:0

I don’t know ffmpeg but is this telling me that it has been built
without the ability to transcode to flac?  If so, is there a library
that I need to load to enable flac transcoding or does ffmpeg need to be
rebuilt?