Greg Erskine wrote:
> The third field in [Squeezelite Settings] > "Upsample setting" is
> attenuation.
>
> I am using 4dB attenuation, I haven't tried larger but I assume it
> works.
>
> Why use ALSA for attenuation instead of using the Topping E30's PRE
> mode?

I didn't realise you could set attenuation in Squeezelite.  I like the
E30 display to show the sample rate, I believe that when in Pre mode, it
shows volume or alternates volume with sample rate, also I have read
some criticism of the the E30 pre mode but I guess this may not apply if
you are just using it to set an output level.  I don't really know the
relative merits of setting attenuation in ALSA vs Squeezelite vs E30 Pre
mode.  Any advice?  It's working with ALSA for me, when I set asactl as
a command in tweaks.