soundcheck wrote:
> /tmp didn't work. But I tried it on a 2GB RPi4. Perhaps that's a bit too
> low. Not sure if it helps when killing
> squeezelite, which sits in the background with a massive 400MB rambuffer
> configured. I'll try that tomorrow.

I haven't looked at exactly what Paul released, but the original was
done years ago, before the RPi4.

I found writing to /tmp fast but on a RPi3 what if the user was using
LMS with a large PCP_ROOT partition? Lots of potential got ya's.

My test RPi was also on wifi, so transferring the backup was painful.

I was hoping for a system where I could do a rollback, so I could test
the upgrading process from multiple versions of pCP quickly.

The software to write a standardised third partition was a part of this
development.