I just updated the script in the post above.  I found that if I removed
my DragonFly, then inserted a flash drive it was assigned the same
kernel name that the DragonFly previously had, so when the flash drive
was removed the script attempted to stop Squeezelite.  This didn't
matter, since Squeezelite had already been stopped when the DragonFly
was removed, but nevertheless I thought it better to fix that.

So now the file in /tmp is deleted whenever the DAC removal causes
Squeezelite to stop, so that the next device removal can never match the
DAC's kernel name.