Maybe....just maybe....

Way back somewhere I mentioned using the "force" option instead of the
"stop" option during testing.

I found when you are testing things manually, you do things like forget
to use "sudo" or use kill, and you end up with the squeezelite process
and the pid file out of sync. I think its a permission thing, running
things as tc or root, AND an orphan pid file issue.

I added the force "option" (with sudo) as a brute force stop and
tidyup.

When a user is only using pCP interfaces everything is kept in sync and
everyone one is happy.

Also, as pCP is mainly in RAM a reboot means any orphan pid files are
effectively removed. This can add to the confusion when testing.

The reason for all this is: I like to use "start-stop-daemon" and pid
files.

Of course this is only in reference to pCP other distribution do things
differently.