Bogg wrote:

> Hi, It stops my sqlite, and now shows it not running in pcp web and also
> killed on material.
That's a start.

Bogg wrote:

> But I still get failed to start

Oh my, I wasn't expecting that.  I really thought I'd cracked it.  It
looks as though the start-stop-daemon is failing to do the 'start'
function.  So that looks like three different behaviours:
1) On my Pi3B+(now dead) and my Pi4, the start-stop-daemon is able to
stop and restart Squeezelite
2) On my Pi3A+, it won't stop squeezelite, but it will start it.
3) On your Pi??, it won't do either.
I'm sure this will be simple when we find out why there is this
variation.

As a quick check, can you try modifying your copy of the script by
commenting out a couple of lines (# character at the beginning) in the
SQLITErestart() function and adding a new line, like this:

    #           result="$(sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite start)"
  #             log "$result" $logfile
                /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n piCorePlayer -o hw:CARD=M6,DEV=0
-a "80 4  1"  -v

This is a very specific modification for your case.  It should bypass
the start-stop-daemon and start Squeezelite manually.  It will tell us
whether bypassing the daemon is worth pursuing.  Generalising this would
be a lot more work.