Hi,

SHORT QUESTION:
I'd like to retrieve player brightness value that should be sent by LMS
to squeezelite via Slimproto "grfb" command.

Is there an easy way to do it without patching squeezelite?

If I finally add an handler for grfb commands in
'squeezelite/master/slimproto.c'
(https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/blob/master/slimproto.c)
what would be the best way to interface squeezelite with a third party
application?

- reusing visualization shared memory
- using stdout
- a file
- something else?

LONG STORY:
My two squeezebox 3 went dead recently (reboots in loop, mostly when
playing audio... seemingly due to DAC capacitors old age wear) and I'm
building a piCorePlayer from spare parts I had lying around.
I have a headless raspberry plugged  to a SMSL AD18 digital AMP.

I'd like to drive a wide OLED display to emulate the original SB3 VFD:
[image:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51VwJV8GWuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg]

Maybe by using some existing program like:
https://github.com/shunte88/LMSMonitor

Maybe by doing something simpler from scratch, just to display "now
playing" and alarms (I was using my SB3 as an advanced alarm clock and I
miss it terribly!)

So I want to retrieve player screen brightness from the server to mimic
as much as possible the original SB3 behavior, to be able to use the
brightness touch on the remote control, and use it to drive the OLED
screen brightness.

Any hint welcome!
Robin