I am using the non-M.2 version of the Argon One case and I decided that
the fan was not worth using for piCorePlayer.

The case itself dropped the temperature 10 or 12 degrees so it will
probably never get to the point of needing to turning on the fan. Sydney
had a relatively cool summer this year, so I will have to wait till the
end of the year for further tests. I may occasionally get close to 40
degrees ambient in my house so the CPU may get close to 60 degrees on
the odd occasion.

The fan at 100% dropped the temperature about 5 or 6 degrees but was
audible from my listening chair.

I am only using piCorePlayer as a player and using sox to upsample, so
no big load.

Is anyone actually getting the fan to turn on just using piCorePlayer?

Has anyone noted the temperature rise due to running the python script
and the extra current draw of the fan?

Does the SSD on the M.2 model generate a significant amount of heat?

Does CPU throttling actually affect the operation of piCorePlayer?