I recently bought an Ocean Digital Internet radio - WR210N - in
anticipation of (finally) being able to travel again (one day!). It's a
nice piece of kit - reasonable sound - good battery life and eminently
portable, I use it a lot around the house.

I wondered if I could connect it to my music collection, currently
hosted on a PI3B+ running PCP + LMS, so I installed Andy Grundman's
UPnP/DNLA plugin, tried to connect to my LMS server and got nothing,
nada, ziltch !

I bit of trawling through the net with Google finally gave me this post,
which beautifully explains the problem and outlines the solution.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110925-UPnP-DLNA-Media-Interface-1-0-must-listen-to-port-1900-with-Ocean-Digital-WR-230S

--------------------

So I decided to see if I could implement the suggested fix and check
whether it works.

Good News, it does. :D  I can now connect to my music collection.

Basically what I have done is to unpack slimserver.tcz from the SD card,
modify Discovery.pm, and pack it all back again. Works like a charm, the
only caveat is the you have to do it every time there is a new LMS
version.

Perhaps someone a little more savvy than I could look at parameterising
the plugin to achieve the same result.

However, this is what I did using a Deepin 20.2 virtual machine :-

  # Mount your SD card - not detailed as it depends on your set-up

  # Get root access
  sudo su

  # Enter password to allow root operations

  # Change to root level
  cd /

  # Make a work Directory
  mkdir /home/user/Documents/TCZ

  # Copy slimserver.tcz to your work area
  cp /media/user/PCP_ROOT/tce/optional/slimserver.tcz
/home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz

  # Unsquash it
  unsquashfs -d /home/user/Documents/TCZ/squashfs-root
/home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz

  # Rename the original file (just in case)
  mv /home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz
/home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver-orig.tcz

  # Edit Discovery.pm
  nano
/home/user/Documents/TCZ/squashfs-root/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Plugin/UPnP/Discovery.pm

  # Find the Lines
  # DLNA 7.2.3.5, ignore M-SEARCH with source port 1900 or <1024
  if ($port == 1900 || $port <= 1024) {
  # And Change to read
  # DLNA 7.2.3.5, ignore M-SEARCH with source port 1900 or <1024
  #if ($port == 1900 || $port <= 1024) {
  # DLNA 7.2.3.5, ignore M-SEARCH with source port <1024 (Allow 1900 for Ocean
Digital, etc.)
  if ($port <= 1024) {
  # NOTE: if statements DO NOT have a leading #

  # Resquash it
  mksquashfs /home/user/Documents/TCZ/squashfs-root
/home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz

  # Create an MD5 Checksum
  md5sum /home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz >
/home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz.md5.txt

  # Now copy the new files
  cp /home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz
/media/user/PCP_ROOT/tce/optional/slimserver.tcz
  cp /home/user/Documents/TCZ/slimserver.tcz.md5.txt
/media/user/PCP_ROOT/tce/optional/slimserver.tcz.md5.txt

  # Tidy up
  rm -r /home/user/Documents/TCZ/*

This bodge should work with any UPnP player that relies on port 1900 for
M-Search to look for a suitable server.

I hope it will be of use to someone.

NWJ