paul- wrote:
> I just tested, and it's working as designed (obviously with the updated
> kernel modules)  It was intended to bridge eth0 to wlan0, where the eth0
> is the upstream connection to your main network.  I'm browsing the
> internet from my cell phone connected to the wifi AP created by pCP, and
> my phone has a DHCP address assigned by my primary network DHCP server.

I updated (minor, patch) and rebooted. I’m running 7.0.1, regular
kernel flavor.
It doesn’t work for me, the access point does not deliver an IP
address. Which I can understand if the same code as I’ve seen yesterday
is running the show.
To make the running AP actually work, I have to:
- ssh in the machine (bridge with eth0 in it are ok)
- sudo vi /usr/local/etc/pcp/hostapd.conf, add line "bridge=br0", save
- Stop and start the AP from the GUI.

It doesn’t work because brctl show indicates the wireless interface is
not bridged. This is because the option is missing from hostapd.conf as
generated by the cgi script.
And it starts working as soon as the bridge option is added to hostapd,
and the process restarted so that it re-reads the configuration.

I stand by my guns.

2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 6 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone +
iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC
iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk
With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason
Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge
by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display,
SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.