PlaceHolder wrote:

> I would like to figure out how to backup the 1D_80 firmware first.  (I
> see mention of a tool for this ( https://github.com/smx-smx/ASMTool ),
> which I will have to try and get working.)

I tried the tool at https://github.com/smx-smx/ASMTool following the
instructions there on where to get the two .dll's.  It compiled (on
Windows, using VC 2022 preview) and ran fine, but couldn't find the
device.  It ran enumerating the entire bus or something, then fails
saying it didn't find anything.  I presume that means it is not part of
the "ASM1x4x family" as noted on the GitHub page.  According to Jeff
Geerling's page (
https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2021/argon-one-m2-raspberry-pi-ssd-case-review
) it's an ASmedia ASM1153E so that may make sense.  Out of ideas now,
except to just upgrade my old firmware and not worry too much about not
having it to go back to.