I haven't experienced these personally, but the fact they happen even
with internet radio tells me this has nothing to do with power, CPU load
or ALSA tweaks, because of the low data rates involved here. Most likely
128k/192k mp3 streams, even 15y-old electronics can play these without
any strain.

Throwing a few random thoughts:

- Can you check that you are not attempting to convert/resample the
  streams in LMS?
- Is your local network very busy?
- No wifi involved if I understand correctly?
- Do you trust your network switch?

Have you tried to run LMS without the SSD, just as a test? With internet
streams I mean. I don't expect the SSD to cause troubles but in these
weird situations, it's always good to double check every potential
source of issue.