Greg Erskine wrote:
> What is the volume setting in [Squeezelite Setting] > [ALSA Mixer]?
Thanks - it was set to 80 for L/R, I  hit the 0dB button and now see it
is set to 120. It got a little louder - my Chromecast Audio at 65%
matches the output of the PiCorePlayer. Still not great, as I would like
to enable ReplayGain, which will lower the volume further, but much much
better than it was.

RobbH wrote:
> You've been asked twice about alsamixer. What is the volume setting
> there?
>
> You will need to ssh into the Pi and run the command alsamixer. You may
> then need to use the F6 key to select the right output.

Sorry, I thought by asking about the alsamixer you meant the output
setting "hw:CARD=A,DEV=0" but I see from  above the Alsamixer button and
volume and set them to 0dB. I also just did the ssh and get the
following:

Card: USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A
Chip: USB Mixer
Item: Headphone [dB gain: 0.00, 0.00]
In the F6  menu I also have the option for bcm2835  Headphones, is that
the built in Pi 3.5mm output? I assume it is properly using my output,
as I get sound. Perhaps the Apple USB-C dongle just doesn't output at
the same level as the Chromecast audio.