Thanks for reply.
When it was not working properly on 3.3v then i tried 5v.
Rpi is not damaged and switch is not damaged. I tried by changing rotary
encoder also.
The same setup is working ok under volumio. So its confirmed that pi and
rotary both are good.
Push buttons are working as intended but rotary is not. I tried using
rotary only. But that too didnt helped.
Its not that rotary is not registering any event. Problem is, when i
rotate CCW then together with - steps +steps also generated. +counts
always occurs.
By using rotary_encoder.dtb file i cant see device in /sys/devices/....
directory but not in /dev/input. Tried messing with udev rules. But
failed. But both methods working in volumio