Chestroled wrote:
> Hello, you're probably right, but have to found what have change or
> cause this trouble.
>
> So, when I play some sound on LMS and got "alsa_open:533 unable to set
> hw params: Broken pipe" , the audio device seems "frozen" :

  >   > pi@multiroom:~ $ sudo aplay -D USB0 -vv /root/test1.wav
  > aplay: main:828: audio open error: Device or resource busy
--------------------

Why test with USB0 when there is no USB0 defined in attached asound.conf
file

The verbose option is "-v" or --verbose" not "-vv" - it's possible not
giving out full info.
The option "--dump-hw-params" can sometimes also be helpful.

The utility speaker-test is useful just to sanity check basic audio out
but not to check various formats which is essential for LMS.

Googling ALSA "h/w params: Broken pipe" errors - seems to indicate an
issue with audio device driver not liking a request and this can mneas
more than just formats(ew.g. aysdnchronous, mutip[le) - you may have a
limited device driver. So you need to solely test with aplay to
understand limit & valid settings.

If a device is busy then some process has it open already, often system
sounds.

To avoid problem until you are sure you understand what is happening.
* Make sure when testing with aplay - all squeezelite process are
stopped, LMS is stopped.
* Make sure all system audio & effects uses the inbuilt sounds card
(e.g. Realtek, headphone socket etc.) - not the USB sound
* If you have Pulseaudio running on your system - make sure these USB
devices are not being accessed by Pulseaudio.