I know you seem to be explicitly asking for a native app, but I use
Material Skin as a web-app on my KDE/Plasma desktop. I've written a
(very) simple QWebEngine wrapper app that I use. (Previously used Chrome
but this keeps breaking). To use this integrated into Plasma's
taskbar/kickoff you just need a simple .desktop file - I have
/usr/local/share/applications/LMS.desktop with:

  [Desktop Entry]
  Version=1.0
  Name=LMS
  Comment=Logitech Media Server
  Exec=/usr/local/bin/qwebappwrapper --dark --qwindowtitle LMS --qwindowicon
/usr/local/share/qwebappwrapper/icons/lms.svg --appname LMS
http://pi4:9000/material/?altBtnLayout=true
  Terminal=false
  Type=Application
  Icon=/usr/local/share/qwebappwrapper/icons/lms.svg
  StartupWMClass=LMS
  StartupNotify=true

--------------------

This qwebappwrapper then allows me to wrap other sites. I am, however,
considering on writing an LMS-specific version of this. This specific
version would then auto-discover LMS, have native MPRIS controls, and
perhaps even start/stop squeezelite. But for now this simple wrapper
works well enough for me.

The wrapper can either be built as a normal binary (so will need Qt dev
headers installed), or run from python. See
https://github.com/CDrummond/qwebappwrapper for more info.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.