sodface wrote:
> There may be a package available for the distro he's running, but unless
> I missed it, he hasn't provided that info.

I am running Linux Mint 21 on an x86 laptop.

What I have come to understand is that Jivelite is targeted for a player
device such as a RPi running piCorePlayer, and that Squeeze Player is a
desktop application that functions as a player for a media server, not a
controller for an external player.

It seems that my information is not consistent with the knowledge being
offered on this forum, though it has seemed to be in some sense
confirmed by the sparse, remaining documentation. It has further seemed
that these packages are not well maintained at the moment, which makes
me hesitant about choosing to adopt them.

The three-year-old -readme- file for Squeeze Play opens as follows:

> Debian packages for squeezeplay x86_64 and i386 are no longer available,
> you'll need to use the tarballs going forward.

Meanwhile, I have not found a build of Jivelite available for download
targeted for any device other than a RPi. To repeat, the purpose of my
inquiry is to determine whether there is a native application for Linux
Mint 21 (x86 architecture) for controlling a network player.