Skimming lms.cgi (takes 5s+ here) I'm seeing this candidate:

    # logic to activate/inactivate buttons depending upon whether LMS cache is
present or not
  TMP=$(find /mnt -type d -maxdepth 3 | grep slimserver/Cache)

--------------------

If you've mounted a (slow) external drive, or a share over a slow
connection (wifi) this might take a while. Even more so if you have many
folders at the top level of that mount. In my case find is listing all
artist folders from /mnt/music. And it takes a few seconds on a "cold"
system (quicker when repeated).

I have two systems with identical collection (541 folders in the top
level), both connecting to a NAS using NFS:

- Pi3B+, pCP, mounting a Synology DS218j: 2-3s.
- Pi4/2GB, Raspbian, mounting a DS1517+: <1s.

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log
and/or scanner.log file!"
(LMS: Settings/Information)